SUSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: June 2012
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEsu - run a shell with substitute user and group IDs
SYNOPSISsu [OPTION]... [-] [USER [ARG]...]
Change the effective user id and group id to that of USER.
- -, -l, --login
- make the shell a login shell
- -c, --command=COMMAND
- pass a single COMMAND to the shell with -c
- pass a single COMMAND to the shell with -c and do not create a new session
- -f, --fast
- pass -f to the shell (for csh or tcsh)
- -m, --preserve-environment
- do not reset environment variables
- same as -m
- -s, --shell=SHELL
- run SHELL if /etc/shells allows it
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSReport su bugs to [email protected]
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
Report su translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for su is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and su programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info coreutils aqsu invocationaq
should give you access to the complete manual.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:11 GMT, December 24, 2015