POD2USAGESection: Perl Programmers Reference Guide (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEpod2usage - print usage messages from embedded pod docs in files
- [-help] [-man] [-exit exitval] [-output outfile] [-verbose level] [-pathlist dirlist] file
OPTIONS AND ARGUMENTS
- Print a brief help message and exit.
- Print this command's manual page and exit.
- -exit exitval
- The exit status value to return.
- -output outfile
- The output file to print to. If the special names ``-'' or ``>&1'' or ``>&STDOUT'' are used then standard output is used. If ``>&2'' or ``>&STDERR'' is used then standard error is used.
- -verbose level
The desired level of verbosity to use:
1 : print SYNOPSIS only 2 : print SYNOPSIS sections and any OPTIONS/ARGUMENTS sections 3 : print the entire manpage (similar to running pod2text)
- -pathlist dirlist
- Specifies one or more directories to search for the input file if it was not supplied with an absolute path. Each directory path in the given list should be separated by a ':' on Unix (';' on MSWin32 and DOS).
- The pathname of a file containing pod documentation to be output in usage message format (defaults to standard input).
DESCRIPTIONpod2usage will read the given input file looking for pod documentation and will print the corresponding usage message. If no input file is specified then standard input is read.
SEE ALSOPod::Usage, pod2text(1)
AUTHORPlease report bugs using <http://rt.cpan.org>.
Brad Appleton <[email protected]>
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:09 GMT, December 24, 2015