pdfimagesSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: 22 January 2004
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEpdfimages - Portable Document Format (PDF) image extractor (version 3.00)
SYNOPSISpdfimages [options] PDF-file image-root
DESCRIPTIONPdfimages saves images from a Portable Document Format (PDF) file as Portable Pixmap (PPM), Portable Bitmap (PBM), or JPEG files.
Pdfimages reads the PDF file PDF-file, scans one or more pages, and writes one PPM, PBM, or JPEG file for each image, image-root-nnn.xxx, where nnn is the image number and xxx is the image type (.ppm, .pbm, .jpg).
- -f number
- Specifies the first page to scan.
- -l number
- Specifies the last page to scan.
- Normally, all images are written as PBM (for monochrome images) or PPM (for non-monochrome images) files. With this option, images in DCT format are saved as JPEG files. All non-DCT images are saved in PBM/PPM format as usual.
- -opw password
- Specify the owner password for the PDF file. Providing this will bypass all security restrictions.
- -upw password
- Specify the user password for the PDF file.
- Don't print any messages or errors.
- Print copyright and version information.
- Print usage information. (-help and --help are equivalent.)
EXIT CODESThe Xpdf tools use the following exit codes:
- No error.
- Error opening a PDF file.
- Error opening an output file.
- Error related to PDF permissions.
- Other error.
AUTHORThe pdfimages software and documentation are copyright 1998-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
SEE ALSOpdftops(1), pdftotext(1), pdfinfo(1), pdffonts(1), pdftoppm(1),
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:07 GMT, December 24, 2015