LKBIBSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: 27 June 2001
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMElkbib - search bibliographic databases
SYNOPSISlkbib [ -v ] [ -ifields ] [ -pfilename ] [ -tn ] key...
DESCRIPTIONlkbib searches bibliographic databases for references that contain the keys key... and prints any references found on the standard output. lkbib will search any databases given by -p options, and then a default database. The default database is taken from the REFER environment variable if it is set, otherwise it is /usr/dict/papers/Ind. For each database filename to be searched, if an index filename.i created by indxbib(1) exists, then it will be searched instead; each index can cover multiple databases.
- Print the version number.
- Search filename. Multiple -p options can be used.
- When searching files for which no index exists, ignore the contents of fields whose names are in string.
- Only require the first n characters of keys to be given. Initially n is 6.
- Default database.
- /usr/dict/papers/Ind Default database to be used if the REFER environment variable is not set. filename.i Index files.
SEE ALSOrefer(1), lookbib(1), indxbib(1)
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:05 GMT, December 24, 2015